Tuesday 29 April 2008

Violence in video games.


Age certification on video games and DVDs should be strictly adhered to in my opinion. I hear my 16 year old brother playing on games where people are beating each other to death, having sex with prostitutes, and taking drugs. He is strong minded enough not to be took in by it, as it is only a game.
For some reason this violence is appealing to not only young people, but all ages. I can only imagine that the reasons for this is because they are able to steal, and kill on screen without suffering the consequences in real life. I myself cannot see this appeal.
It has actually been proven that such games and activity's stimulate the brain in such a way which can affect the players behaviour and attitudes to others. various studies have been done, and this has been proven. //http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16099971/

No comments: